My Happy Place
May 25, 2016
My Virtual Happy Place:
- Hot tea, morning, noon and night.
- Steamed Artichokes dipped in hot melted butter or homemade Garlic Aioli.
- Washable Crayola Super Tip Markers that make even the most mundane To Do List fun.
- Catching fish, big ones. Then eating them of course!
- Ripe Texas peaches that drip down your chin as you bite from Vogel’s Orchards in Stonewall Texas.
- Dancing with my man at the Hunt Store to the sound of the Sean Kendrick Band.
- Cooking with my family the food we raised or harvested by hand…because it just tastes better.
- Fall weather when I can put on my brown boots and jeans and curl up by a fire.
- Anything from Nantucket, but especially the Portuguese Bread, slightly toasted with butter.
- Twinkle lights…anytime, anywhere, any season.
- The Grand Canyon. Go, just go. It took my breath away and left me speechless.
- A Honeycrisp Apple from Deardorff Orchards in Minnesota…they are gold…pure gold.
- Bubbles, my boyfriend, and baseball hats. All three are my staples.
- Feasting on the bounty from my garden.
- My morning Bible journaling time with the big guy: G-O-D.
- Skiing in the spring with fresh powder and a super-hot-hot tub after.
- Grown-Up sleep-away Art Camp at Lucky Star…it feeds my creative soul!
- My girls (the chickens)…they love me, I love them, and they make me breakfast. Win-Win-Win!
- My family. So blessed to have won the family lottery with this bunch!
- My girl tribe. Everyone should have friends like these: real, honest, and a whole lot of fun!
- Juicy Ripe Tomatoes from my garden topped with salt and pepper on buttered homemade toast for breakfast.
- And rapping on stage to “Ice-Ice-Baby” while my husband attempts to beat-box badly. Classic.